Friday, November 13, 2009

Reunion

Today I was allowed to supervise Alan N. while he played the piano in the lobby of Building 10. He actually has some talent. On our way back to the ward, he asked if I played an instrument, so I told him I was a drummer. I think he liked that.

In the dayroom, Terry and I spoke for quite some time. He gave me a poem. It was about the coming winter and a fresh start. Terry, in a court of law, had been found not guilty by reason of insanity for stabbing his girlfriend during a sexual encounter.

Also in the dayroom was John G. He was loud and boisterous, talking about college football and basketball. I think John G. told another patient he was as good a basketball player as Michael Jordan. Larry was playing cards with staff. D, back from Forensics, was in the dayroom as well. I asked D if he remembered me from the summer. He shook his head. In the hallway, Bruce flirted with his image in the mirror and twirled his hair.

I met S. He is just a kid, younger than myself. He got hit by a car in another town. His family thought it had been a suicide attempt, but S confirmed it was not a suicide attempt, that he had no intention of harming himself. I also met Dread, a child molester. A good day, eh?

No comments: